Domestic and Family Violence Centre Inc.
We are a non-government community based organisation providing specialist domestic and family violence support services in the Bundaberg region. Our services are provided in the catchment of Bundaberg, Childers, Gin Gin, Monto, Gayndah and Eidsvold.
EDON Place was established in 1978, we offer a wide range of programs to people and their children affected by domestic and family violence. EDON Place provides quality, short-term crisis accommodation, assistance and support to women and children escaping domestic and family violence.
Through the Bundaberg Domestic and Family Violence Integrated Response, DVina (Domestic Violence Is Not Acceptable), we partner with both government and non-government agencies, organisations and women’s services to continue to improve responses to domestic and family violence as we work toward achieving our goal of ending domestic and family violence.
EDON Place Service Inclusions:
- Children’s Counselling and Support Services
- Court Based Services – Bundaberg, Childers, Gayndah and Monto
- Emergency Relief Assistance (by assessment)
- Home Security Safety Upgrades
- Service Systems – Community Education
- Short Term Crisis Accommodation and Support for Women and Children
- Women’s Counselling and Support Services and Information
- Men’s Behavior Change Programs
- North Burnett Services